Orlando is the third-largest metropolitan area in Florida, and in 2019, it had a population of 287,442. It’s by far the biggest inland city in terms of population. With so many homeowners, there are bound to be many insurance claims for property damage. In fact, 1 in 15 insured homes in Florida file a claim to insurance companies every year. Orlando isn’t an exception, either. Hurricanes and strong winds are relatively frequent here, with floods and the occasional fire placing more homeowners in dire straits than ever.
With severe property damage and thousands of dollars’ worth in repair costs, you need to file a damage claim to your insurer. Getting a suitable settlement for your losses would be a massive help to regaining your security. But, do you know how to file a claim or what procedures to follow? A detailed damage assessment and in-depth documentation are essential when negotiating with the insurance company. We, at Merkury Public Adjusters, can take these weights off your shoulders. We specialize in filing property damage claims of all kinds.
Contact us at 561-670-7838 for a free claim estimate in Orlando! Our team is available 24/7 for any urgent intervention for any type of property damage!
What property damage claims do you file?
Our Orlando public adjuster claim process is one of the best in Florida, with the most comprehensive services and the most knowledgeable specialists. We’ve served the Orlando community for a long time, dealing with many residential and commercial property damage cases. Sometimes, clients came to us because the insurance company had denied or underpaid their claims. We reassessed their property damage, reopened the claim procedures, and renegotiated for a more satisfactory settlement for our clients. We can help you with the following claims:
- Wind damage claims
- Denied or underpaid claims
- Mold damage claims
- Business interruption claims
- Hail damage claims
Whenever you need a professional opinion on your insurance policy and claim procedures, Merkury Public Adjusters is ready and able to help. Know that we work for you, not the insurance company. This means we will always interpret your insurance policy in your favor, striving to obtain the highest-value settlement for your losses. Our public adjusters will perform a comprehensive analysis of your damage and prepare undeniable documentation. Moreover, we will defend your rights relentlessly during the negotiations with your insurer.
What types of homeowners’ insurance policies are available in Orlando?
Orlando offers a wide range of insurance policies to homeowners. Some are more expensive than others, thanks to the broader damage coverage that they provide. You can choose between the following insurance policies:
- HO-1 insurance policies are the most basic form of homeowners’ insurance policy. They generally cover named perils such as hail damage, theft and vandalism, vehicle damage, smoke and fire damage, explosions, riots and civil commotions, and even volcanic eruptions.
- HO-2 policies are more extensive than HO-1s, and they include more perils such as electrical damage, falling objects damage, heating damage, etc.
- HO-3 policies are the second-most comprehensive forms of coverage for homeowners. The most notable difference between HO-3, HO-2, and HO-1 policies is that HO-3s only mention the perils that they don’t cover. Besides the dangers listed in the exclusions section, everything else is covered by the HO-3 policy.
- HO-4 home policies are uniquely designed for renters, hence their name as “renters’ insurances”. This insurance policy only covers personal liability and belongings, and it doesn’t cover any damage done to the dwelling.
- HO-5 policies offer the most extensive coverage of all, but they are also the most expensive. Besides the perils included in the HO-1, HO-2, and HO-3 policies, the HO-5 offers insurance for water damage, flood damage, mold damage, and more.
- HO-6 policies are unique forms of insurance, aimed at condominium owners. Like HO-4 policies, they cover personal belongings and liability, but not structural damage to the living space.
- HO-7 insurance policies relate to mobile homeowners, offering unique protections relates to mobile homes. Other than that, the HO-7 policy is entirely similar to the HO-3.
- HO-8 homeowners’ policies offer HO-3-type coverage for older houses. They only cover property damage specific to older houses, though, and the insurance is set at the homes’ market value or replacement costs.
If you need help understanding what home insurance policy you have, please contact us at 561-670-7838! Merkury Public Adjusters emphasizes client satisfaction above all else, and keeping you informed is our way of showing that.
Frequently asked questions for Orlando property damage claims
- Are insurance company adjusters and public adjusters the same?
The difference between a public adjuster and an insurance company adjuster is that we genuinely care about your best interest. The company’s adjuster is hired by the insurance company to represent their best interests. Therefore, they will always try to underpay or deny your claim.
- Are Orlando public adjusters trained experts?
The Merkury Public Adjusters team relies on comprehensive knowledge about insurance policies, and utter dedication to our clients. All our public adjusters receive ample training in claim procedures and damage assessment processes. We will always provide excellent assistance when filing a claim for your property damage!
- How much time do I have to report property damage?
In Orlando, you must report property damage in three years from the moment it happened. Otherwise, your insurance company won’t accept your claim. However, you should remember that the longer you take to report the loss, the more difficult it is for a public adjuster to assess the damage and file a successful claim. Merkury Public Adjusters has filed many late claims before, and we’ve always obtained satisfactory settlements for our clients!
- What happens if the insurance company denies my claim?
Know that a denied claim isn’t a dead-end. We’ve reopened countless denied claims before, negotiated with the insurance company, and got our clients ample compensation for their losses.